Hello, and welcome back to my blog! Today I'm going to be reviewing an all time favourite of mine, St. Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse! I've used this self tanner for a couple of years now, and I've never looked back. It's honestly the best self tanner I've ever tried!
There is several reasons why I love this self tanner, and I thought I would share them with you..
10 reasons why I'm in love with St. Moriz:
- I love the fact that it's so cheap - only £4 from asda.
- It's instant, so you can see where you've missed a spot!
- It never leaves me streaky.. as it's so easy to blend into the skin.
- A little goes along way! For a 200ml bottle, it lasts a pretty long time in my opinion. I would probably say i only use about 10 full pumps of the mousse for my whole body!
- It applies really evenly when used with a self tanning mit.
- It comes in two shades, medium and dark. I use the dark shade as I feel it gives me a nice "tanned" look, as the medium shade gives me more of a "golden glow".
- It lasts a good few days! I apply the self tanner at night, and wash it off in the morning. It usually lasts me about 3-4 days before I feel the need to re-apply.
- Since it's a mousse formula, it's so easy and quick to apply.. it literally takes me about 5 minutes to do my whole body!
- It dries really quickly
- And finally, it gives me such a nice brown tan (not orange at all)!
So, as you can tell.. I'm a rather huge fan of this self tanner! (However I'm only a fan of the mousse version, as I find the spray to be really difficult to use and a bit streaky!)
So, I apply the mousse to a self tanning mit (which is shown in the picture below!). I use one pump of the mousse at a time and work in circular motions on my skin. I find the mousse works really well with the mit, as it doesn't soak into the mit too much, and it applies a really even coverage of the self tan to my skin.
The self tanner also works really well on my face, unlike a lot of other self tanners. It doesn't go all patchy and blotchy like some do.. However, if your like me and wear makeup nearly everyday then theres not really much need to apply it to your face!
As I said before, I apply the self tanner at night before I go to bed. I then leave it to develop over night, (as suggested by St. Moriz), and then wash it off in the morning. (Don't be alarmed if your very brown when you wake up in the morning.. when you wash the excess off, your left with a natural looking brown tan!)
So there you go! A really quick review on my favourite self tanner. I think it's great value for money and leaves me with a "natural looking" tan :) if you haven't tried it already, give it a go!
lots of love - claire xx